Career development coaching
Why invest in career development coaching?
Organisations that invest in career and professional development coaching for their employees can expect a good return on that investment. When managers and other employees have an external coach or mentor to help work through personal and professional challenges and goals, this can result in:
- a more positive workplace culture as people improve their ability to problem solve and resolve difficult work situations
- increased motivation as people get clarity of direction and goals
- higher productivity as people improve their confidence through identification of strengths and strategies to manage weaknesses
- improved leadership and employee engagement as managers find more effective ways to communicate with and engage their people.
How might employees benefit from career development coaching?
Career and professional development coaching can help people to:
- meet objectives in their professional development plans
- transition to a new or more senior position
- find effective ways to develop professionally within their current role.
How many sessions and What IS THE INVESTMENT?
The number of sessions required depends on the individual and the situation. I recommend budgeting for a minimum of six sessions when planning professional development, making career or job transitions or to make lasting changes. The frequency also depends on needs, but fortnightly sessions work well to help maintain focus and get the best results.
Sessions run for 75 minutes and cost $225 plus GST per session. These are either face to face (in Wellington) or online (eg. via Skype or Facetime). Payment options are available to suit – I can invoice your organisation in advance for a set number of sessions or clients can pay at the end of each session using EFTPOS.
ABOUT THE COACH
I have a Master of Business Administration awarded with Merit from Victoria University, a Diploma in Career Guidance (Distinction), as well as qualifications in adult education and training, professional coaching and mentoring, journalism and PR. Coaching clients benefit from my own career change and business experience and 20 year work history. As a member of the Career Development Association of New Zealand, I provide services in accordance with the Association’s code of ethics.
Read more about my background here >>
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"Lucy is skilled at digging deeper and asking insightful questions to help people get clarity about what the real problem or issue is – and then working with them on solutions…”Carolyn Risk"Lucy has that rare balance of high technical ability combined with interpersonal sensitivity and warmth. These are the characteristics of adaptive and very capable professionals"Dr Jeff Simpson
Read what my coaching clients have to say: Coaching testimonials >>
ENQUIRE ABOUT CAREER DEVELOPMENT COACHING